Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Woman assaults Salvation Army bell-ringer who said ‘Happy Holidays’ instead of ‘Merry Christmas’



An Arizona woman, who’s also a bell ringer for the Salvation Army, says she was assaulted for saying “Happy Holidays’ instead of “Merry Christmas.”

According to Kristina Vindiola, a woman hit her outside of a Wal-Mart store. She said, “Happy Holidays” to the woman.

Vindiola explained, “The lady looked at me. I thought she was going to put money in the kettle. She came up to me and said, ‘Do you believe in God?’ And she says, ‘You’re supposed to say Merry Christmas,’ and that’s when she hit me.”

Vindiola says the woman hit her in the arm and then went inside the store. She told a manager who then called police.”

One woman said, “I’ve finally gotten used to ‘Happy Holidays’ and it’s a ‘Happy Holiday’ or a ‘Merry Christmas,’ I’m good with either one.”
Another shopper said, ”I’m a Christian, and that is what it means to me, you know it’s a celebration of Christ’s birth.

Vindiola now plans to take legal action.

She said, “She should’ve just been happy I said ‘Happy Holidays,’ but I got hit because I didn’t say ‘Merry Christmas.”
The Salvation Army says it doesn’t have a policy on which greeting a bell ringer should use.

For me, either one is good, but just don’t hit me.

Some people are taking a greeting too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment